Monday, September 1, 2008

Since he's been home . . .

Thanks again for all your words of encouragement! I think all 3 of us have just been trying to rest for the past 3 days. I guess "rest" does not really describe Kerensa, though, because she oozes energy most of the time. At least she is getting back to some normalcy. One downside I have noticed about her routine is that she's lost her desire to go potty. I'm hoping that comes back soon because it seemed we had been making good progress before being at the hospital so much threw us for a loop.

Ryan's doing okay. His whole body and head still hurt most of the time, and he just has soreness all over. He's been getting around the house okay without a cane because we have a lot of rails and walls to grab onto if needed. When we go out, he takes his cane, and I don't really have to help him any. It's a bit weird, though, because Kerensa and I will end up yards ahead of him, so I have to purposefully remember to walk slow. As for the brain injury, it's hard to tell where he's at. He had a therapy appointment Friday, which left him feeling like he has a ways to go before he'll be back to "normal." I wish I could go to his visits to see for myself, but I have too much work to do for that.

It's hard to believe it's around 6 weeks before baby #2 arrives. I probably will just get caught up with everything at work before I'll be out on maternity leave. My due date is October 15th, and I am toying with scheduling matters through the 8th or 9th -- but I'm assuming that would be crazy. Kerensa's arrival couldn't have been better planned. I was due on a Sunday and worked the whole week prior except for Friday, just because I had everything done that I needed to do. We arrived at the hospital at 2 am Sunday, and she arrived at 10:11 that morning. I'm thinking I shouldn't bank on the fact that her brother will be similarly prompt, but what if he's contrary and comes a week or two late? Then I'll be kicking myself for not scheduling things into October!!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm glad you guys are starting to adjust to being back home. I'm sure Kerensa's potting training will be back on track in no time. I can't believe that baby boy's arrival is just around the corner!

Anonymous said...

Glad Ryan's doing ok, and that you guys can get back to somewhat normal. It must be hard to have so much going on with the baby coming!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear about Ryan's progress. Don't plan on brother being ANYTHING like sister. I thought the same things, and Kayla is Levi's opposite in every way. from the birth to their whole take on life. I do hope you have just as easy of a birth though, them little stinkers that take forever coming make it rough and you guys have been through enough. I had both a scheduled and one on my own, and for me the scheduled delivery was better, but Kerensa came quickly, so maybe you'll have the same experience this time :)
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that Ryan is doing better.I think and pray for you guys every day.Thanks for keeping us all updated.It must be hard with all you have going on.

Michelle said...

How are you guys doing? Any updates? We hope Ryan is feeling better.