Thursday, March 26, 2009

What can I say - I just haven't felt like blogging lately. I feel like I'm continually moving from one thing to another, and computer time has moved to the back burner. I haven't even been on facebook in ages. To sum up the last month and a half, I've settled over 1/2 my caseload at work, which is a good thing. I believe that lawyers are better served making peace among people, so even though I do litigation, I aim toward resolving matters on parties' own terms rather than submitting the case to 12 random people. Not only that, but trials are expensive - plain and simple. With that said, I have 2 matters coming up this summer that don't look like they will settle. Should prove interesting . . .

On the homefront, we spent the 3 of the last 4 weekends working on our master bathroom shower. I thought I liked tile showers before having to help Ryan regrout and recaulk ours. We'll have lived in this house 5 years next month, and during that time, I had never used either of our guest bathroom showers. I had to do that recently, and it was quite eye opening. For starters, I couldn't even get the shower in Kerensa's bath to work. If I've ever stayed at your house, that might not surprise you because I seem to have difficulty figuring out different showers. Anyway, the problem with ours seems to be corrosion where one would turn on the shower. Ryan had run to the hardware store with Kerensa, and Brennan was sleeping. So I went downstairs to try our other shower. We put it in after we bought the house, and while we didn't buy the highest end shower, it wasn't cheap either. The water flowed quite suitably, and I enjoyed it just long enough before I heard Brennan stirring. I'm glad I now know what guests to our house can expect when it comes to showers, and we've already bought a new spout for Kerensa's bath.

I haven't posted about Ryan for awhile. He's doing well. We settled his case with our insurance company in January. It would've been better had the other driver been insured, but we were pleased with the results. In the two months that have followed, we've managed to kick Sallie Mae partly out of our house, thanks to that settlement and an unexpected bonus from my work. It feels great to be partway out of the abyss that is our college loans. Thankfully, Ryan doesn't seem to have any lingering cognitive difficulties. His biggest complaints are his scars, particularly the one on his lip which continuously peels.

Kerensa and Brennan are doing great. The temp is finally starting to eek toward 50 degrees, and I can't wait to be able to get outside more. We've already gone out 2x this week after work, and Kerensa is working hard learning to pedal her tricycle. Brennan is already 5 mos old! At his 4 mo appt, he weighed 16.4 pounds, which I don't think Kerensa attained until she was almost a year old. He continues to be the most laid back baby ever and smiles frequently. He's started deep belly laughing, which just makes me melt. I've included a video of it below, along with some much needed recent pictures (I hadn't downloaded them for ages and had 90 new ones!)












6 comments:

Katrina said...

Thanks for the updates! I feel like we haven't seen you guys for AGES! I hope your shower turned out wonderful and worth all the weekends you put into it. Paul and I are laying here semiconscious on the couch, recovering from a crazy week of getting our new place ready to move into. Know what I've discovered?

I'm not a painter.

Oh, well. :P

Sign2Jill said...

Oh, that's some gorgeous pictures!

Marie said...

Kerensa has the most beautiful hair!!! Absolutely beautiful- you'll have to watch out for those boys as she gets older!! I cannot believe how big that little man is getting!

I am so glad that everything worked out with the insurance company! I can't even imagine just how stressful that was.

Anonymous said...

Regina,
Nice to see pics of your beautiful children. I think that Kerensa looks just like you did when you were a kid.I didn't know you at 2,but that must have been what you looked like.Good to hear that Ryan is doing well.Are you going to be coming to Ohio this summer?
Elizabeth

Cheryl Walker said...

Hey! Glad to see an update! It sounds like you're doing a good thing, settling as many cases as possible.

And good to know you've checked out your other showers in case we ever need to use one! Ha! ;)

I think the pic of Brennan with the paci is my favorite =)

If I don't leave town this weekend, then maybe I will find time to call you. Always feel free to call me as well. It seems like I just don't phone people anymore; I do better by computer.

Regina said...

Whoohoo - Ohio here we come. We haven't bought tickets yet, but we will shortly. We're looking at the first week in July. Should be an adventure flying with 2 kiddos!